Saturday, 8 September 2007

the first weekend

Welcome back everyone! It's great to see that you decided to take a quick peek at my shiny new blog. I take it most of you read my Canada weblog (you should have!) and I'll be trying to continue my posting in a similar fashion.

Right, what's to tell?

I just arrived here yesterday, had to get up ridiciously early to catch my 10 o'clock flight - but it wasn't that bad. Kenny picked me up from the airport and we spent the rest of the day drinking cans of Tennet's (Scottish lager, brewed in Glasgow as a matter of fact) and playing videogames - and it turns out; I'm absolutely rubbish at Guitar Hero. It was also good to see Martin again, although sitting next to him in his car is life-threatening!

To give you an idea of what Schotland is like; Saar brought her videocamera when we (Tobie, Sid, Saar and I) visited Kenny two summers ago. I came across the clip a few weeks ago and it was put on Youtube - enjoy! :)



Anyway, school starts on monday and I'm very excited and a wee bit nervous about that. I also have a meeting with the co-ordinator of the Erasmus programme (scholarschip) and fellow-students at the University this week.

I'll be back soon with photos and more things to talk about.

with love,

r x

before I forget; I have a UK phonenumber now, so if you're in desperate need.. -> +4407943257930

9 comments:

Unknown said...

hey mad sexy ruben, fijn om te horen dat je heel bent aangekomen!:D
gaaf filmpje, krijg er zin van om daar heen te komen (al zal het weer nu wel minder zijn.)
en guitar hero ja? dat wil ik wel eens zien, ruben aan de GH.
maar veel plezier daar in glasgow, en succes met je erasmusificatie.
we missen je hier wel (ik iig) maar ik gok dat het dindsdagavond wel erger zal zijn. ze zouden een soort van pathe unlimited/air-travel-card combi moeten maken.
anyhow, ik kijk uit naar je volgende post, ik heb je gebookmarkt :D

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

guitar hero is een waar drama; vooral als je veel bier drinkt tijdens.. zelfs 'killing in the name of' spelen was hopeloos.

alvast veel sterkte dinsdag, als er niemand is om jullie maoam toe te gooien..

x

Unknown said...

:')

Anonymous said...

Ik neem de maoam-gooi-duties wel over =]

Anonymous said...

Jeuj, een nieuwe blog! Als je maar niet vergeet filmpjes te maken van je crappy kamer. En huisgenoten. En briljante kroeggevechten (zoals in Trainspotting :P).

Have fun!

Bart said...

I really like the 2005 Scotland video, which might be a good flavouring impression on what Scotland is going to be like for you in the next following months..

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

it just might be, maybe less half-naked indoor golf playing :)

Unknown said...

Hey Ruben, Oooh wat zit ik nu in een fijne kamer lekker van mijn koele cola aan het genieten uit je koelkast en lekker in een 2 persoonsbed te slapen. Maar ik zou je wel leren hoe je moet GH als ie in oktober op de Wii uit komt. Maar kom op easy kan je toch nog wel. Nou veel plezier en sterkte daar. groetjes je kleine broertje

Unknown said...

Hey Ruben!

verdomme man! kom ik terug van vakantie en dan ben jij alweer weg!

nou ja t is dat je zo mad sexy bent, anders zou ik nu heel teleurgesteld in je zijn! :P

succes in glasgow iig!

sander