Thursday, 13 September 2007

<3 Scotland

There we go, back on the posting-track! I hope you are doing well in the Netherlands, because I’m really enjoying myself here in Glasgow. It’s taken me a few days to get used to the Scottish ways – the accent, obviously, how the public transportation system works, life at Shawlands Academy etc. – but Glasgow already feels a bit like home (how romantic is that?)

To start; I met my future roommate, Aman, two days ago. As some of you may know, he used to teach at Shawlands, (the most insane coincidence) gives lectures and works for the university and he happens to be a lovely person as well! We went for coffee on Tuesday and it was nice to see who I’d been chatting with on MSN for the last few weeks. I didn’t think I could possibly be any more excited about moving into my room on Saturday, but it seems that I am!

I’m also relieved to say that I found my niche at school. Names of teachers and pupils, the countries they’re from, locations of classrooms, it’s all starting to stick! I was reluctant to tell Kenny, but yesterday we took all the first year pupils to Celtic Park (the football stadium) Some sort of educational centre, stuffed with computers and beamers, is set up over there, in which the pupils took on various assignments about the EU. The facilities were excellent, Celtic Park’s coordinators however, were not. They seemed very impatient and were easily annoyed by the less capable pupils, which is simply not-done if you’re in the educational business.

Before I forget; you Dutchies really shouldn’t feel too sorry for me not being to attend STRP and I (L) Techno, as several clubs in Glasgow are host to mind-blowing gigs. I’ve been here for six days now and already found out that Soulwax Niteversions, (performing all the remixes they’ve done live – including LCD Soundsystem, Justice, Kylie Minogue) Richie Hawtin & Troy Pierce, Vitalic, St. Vincent, The National and Frank Turner are playing over here. BOOYA

r x

14 comments:

Over het Manifest. said...

klinkt goed allemaal!
ik doe lekker niet mee aan de vaste vorm van in het engels commenten.

ben erg blij om te horen dat je je al zo snel echt op je gemak voelt en dat je host ook in het echt zo relax is!

nu alleen nog even kijken wanneer ik dus langs kan komen...

x saar!

Bart said...

You should see St Vincent. She's amazing.

Unknown said...

klinkt allemaal erg gaaf :D
het leven hier kabbelt rustig door. dinsdag helemaal vergeten maoam te doen, maar sid zei dat hij het komende sneak goed zou maken met maoam in grote getale.
vanavond vive la fete, die ik nog nooit live gezien heb, wat me gaat benieuwen.
verder ben ik net wakker dus komt er weinig zinnigs uit (zoals je merkt op msn).
blijven posten, en wanneer komt je docking station terug?;)

Henri said...

Nice to read that you're doing allright. And when are those gigs taking place, maybe i could tag along!

xh

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

well, you bloody well should Harry! :)

Anonymous said...

Tof om te lezen dat je jezelf al zo snel thuisvoelt. Bij mij zou het wel langer duren gok ik.

Wat betreft die acts ben ik zelfs jaloers. Wij moeten daar helemaal naar Amsterdam of Gent voor, terwijl jij doodleuk op je (geleende?) fiets stapt.

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

nou,

vanmiddag ben ik m'n kamer ingetrokken, dus een aanzienlijk aantal clubs en pubs zijn gewoon op loopafstand :)

fietsen in Glasgow is volgens mij levensgevaarlijk - morgen ga ik een bus/underground pasje kopen :)

Anonymous said...

ohh myy gawd.. you's so sexy!

Anonymous said...

we loves our ruben!

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

lol.

die eerste was ik, om te testen of-et commenten zonder account werkte, maar die tweede..?

Anonymous said...

WUBEN!

wel meer schrijven hoor ;) anders weet ik helemaal niet hoe het met je is :O. Ik ga binnekort kijken wanneer ik langs kan komen ;). heb je nou al een nieuw nummer zodat ik je kan berichten? XX

en ik ben natuurlijk ook erg blij dat je het zo fijn hebt ;).

Anonymous said...

we want moar blogposts sexy stud! ^^

Anonymous said...

hejj ruben leuk om zo je blog te lezen, hoop dat er snel weer een update komt want ik ben benieuwd hoe t nu gaat! heb je al clubmaatjes gevonden en luistert dat kroos al naar je? x

Ruben van Zantvoort said...

Wublia! check de eerste blogpost eens - daar staat dat nummer gewoon in :)

Nog geen clubmaatjes, jammer genoeg. Ik ga vrijdag maar gewoon uit en kijk wel wat er gebeurd ;)

r x